Sunday, May 5, 2013

10 Reasons I am certain I was born in the wrong decade

10. Bette Midler, Barbra Streisand and Cher topped my list of favorite musical artists when I was a small child. I realize the previous sentence indicates I am also a gay male in disguise. But that is beside the point.

9. As much as I think I wouldn't be able to live without my iPhone, when I accidentally left it at home all day today, I felt an odd sense of liberation. I'm sure that feeling would fade, though. Ignore #9.

8. I invited Bette Midler to my Bat Mitzvah. I suppose this is in direct relation to #10 (and makes me seem a whole lot stranger than perhaps I am), but I felt it appropriate to include.

7. If I had to pick one ultimate style icon (excepting SJP of course), I'd peg it as Audrey Hepburn.

6. Other than Beyonce, Flo and the Machine and (obviously) the King Michael Jackson, I struggle to identify one truly amazing music artist originating post-70's. Okay, maybe I could come up with a few decently good ones but you get my drift.

5. I reallllly think I would have thrived at Woodstock.

4. I reallllly love Boogie Nights. I suppose that's partially attributed to Mark Wahlberg but um, yeah.

3. My knowledge of British history is minimal at best. And yet I seem to be overly knowledgeable in the area of Margaret Thatcher. Boy, it sure would have been nice to be able to intelligently wax on foreign politics WHILST they were happening.

2. Stevie Nicks in her prime. #shouldhavebeenthere

1. How much fundamentally cooler does "the seventies" sound than "the eighties"?

No comments:

Post a Comment