Tuesday, November 12, 2013

I Couldn't Help But Wonder...

As I sat on the 6 train this morning, still in the lingering throes of slumber combined with a dose of artificial energy from the grande Starbucks I'd furiously downed on the treadmill, I started thinking about relationships... and I couldn't help but wonder... Oh, wait, no, I'm not actually Carrie Bradshaw. My apologies for that terribly accidental Fruedian slip. I jest, of course. 

But all kidding aside, last night, upon getting myself up to speed on the latest goings-on in the world of current TV, I did get to thinking about how totally and utterly fabulous the first "girl power / strong women / whatever you want to call it so it doesn't sound cheesy" show was. That being, of absolutely course, Sex and the City. It, itself, was fabulous, the ladies were to die for, the men, well, no words are needed other than amazing. And the quotes it left behind were some of the best to grace the small screen. Well, to this city girl, at least.

So, without further ado (even though I totally dislike that commonly-misused cliche), here is my small ode-in-quotes to SATC in all of its fucking fabulousness.

  • "Have you ever been in love?"~Carrie   “Abso-fucking-lutely.”~Mr. Big
  • "Eventually all the pieces fall into place….until then, laugh at the confusion, live for the moment, and know that everything happens for a reason"~Carrie
  • "Did I ever really love Big or was I addicted to the pain, the exquisite pain, of wanting someone so unattainable?"~Carrie
  • "Sex with an ex can be depressing. If it’s good you can’t get it anymore. If it’s bad you just had sex with an ex."~Samantha
  • "It wasn’t logic,it was love." ~Carrie
  • "If I worried what every bitch in New York was saying about me, I'd never leave the house." ~Samantha
  • "I proposed to myself!" ~Charlotte
  • "They say the average 33-year-old woman has sex 3.5 times a week. I'd like to know who that woman is/" ~Random extra
  • “I like my money right where I can see it…hanging in my closet.”~Carrie
  • "I love you but I love me more." ~Samantha
  • "But the most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you can find someone to love the you love, well, that’s just fabulous.” ~Carrie
       And my absolute favorite of all...
  • “The world is made up of two girls, the simple girls and the Katie girls. I’m a Katie girl!” ~Carrie
After all, seasons come and seasons go, but in my heart, I will always be a Katie girl. Cheers to the best original ladies of premium cable. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment